Sunday, June 28, 2009

Silver Falls

On Tuesday we went to Silver Falls State Park. When I say we I mean Dallin and I with some of our friends. Luke had to give a presentation in one of his classes so he could not make it. We spent most of our time there on a 5 mile hike. I carried Dallin in my baby Bjorn the whole way. 19 lbs of baby is a lot after a few miles. We were able to see all 10 waterfalls on our hike. Here are a few of the pictures from our trip.

This is Upper North Falls. It was the first waterfall we saw.

This is under one of the waterfalls.

This is Double Falls. You can't see it in the picture but it is a waterfall that pools then has a second waterfall. Dallin slept through most of the hike which is why you can't see his face in this picture.

This is south falls. You can also go behind this fall. There are little caves in the rocks under this waterfall.
It was pretty warm out the whole day so all the water looked very inviting. At most Dallin put his feet in the stream above South Falls. It was a wonderful exhausting day.

3 comments:

  1. Your kid looks hilarious. Totally awesome pictures. How are you two doing? Sending my best from Music City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're getting out and enjoying the Great Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go carrying that baby!! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete